Do you spend a lot of your time researching terminology? Is the quality of translation affected by inconsistent terminology? Do you often notice inconsistencies in terminology in source content?
SDL MultiTerm Desktop is the desktop terminology management tool from SDL. It can be used out-of-the-box by the translator and terminologist alike as a standalone desktop tool to manage all your terminology, or its power can be enhanced in the translation environment with its integration with SDL Trados Studio.
SDL MultiTerm 2015 Service Release 1 is here! Learn more about the enhancements.
Ensures accuracy, consistency and quality in translation
- Integration with SDL Trados Studio ensures that your translations are more accurate, consistent and of a higher quality.
- Capacity to store an unlimited number of terms in unlimited languages allows you to manage the terminology for any translation project.
Increases productivity in translation
- Customize your termbase to your needs, adding descriptive fields to provide more information about the term and save time in researching.
- Ability to insert digital media files such as images, sounds or video and to hyperlink to URLs and other terms to give an extra dimension to your termbase.
Helps provide consistent source content for more accurate and easy translation
- SDL MultiTerm’s integration with authoring tools means that the source content ready for you to translate is using consistent terminology.
- Ability to import and export terms from different technology environments, such as Microsoft® Excel, as well as compatibility with existing terminology formats such as the XML standard formats of TBX (TermBase eXchange) and OLIF means that you can easily share and work with existing terminology data.
New functionality in SDL MultiTerm 2015
- SDL MultiTerm 2015 brings a new project feature 'Settings Template' providing the ability to save and restore different terminology management settings, for example languages and different filters for a particular termbase that can be shared.
- Support of additional languages in line with Windows 8.1/10.
- This newly enhanced version of the terminology software has a refreshed look with flat icons and allows customization of your ribbon for improved efficiency while you're translating.